14735Brooker [Bruegger]/Dusclin

  • memawphd@comcast.net
    Mar 16, 2011
      I am interested in the Brooker and Duschlin [sp?] surnames.  My grandmother always said she was dumb Dutch so this makes me think they came from somewhere near the Dutch border.  In Ancestry.com I found Brookers from Baden, Niedersachsen, Germany, that fit the time bracket and with a wife the right name so here is what I have.

      Joseph Bruegger/Brooker, b.1802 in Baden, Niedersashsen, Germany; m Johannah Duschlin [b.1802 in Baden, Niedersachsen, Germany]  They lived in Montgomery Co OH and Joseph is buried in a cemetery plot that is listed as owned by Hannah Brooker.  My grandmother is their daughter and she was born in Vandalie, Montgomery Co OH.  The story goes in our family that they were cousins who were married on the boat coming over here.  I did find a Joseph Brooker in Bucks Co PA in 1820 which may be the same ones.

      Now, of course, I don't know where to go from here.  Any pointers would be really appreciated.  Thanks so much.........memawphd