      From: lobsterjesus <lobsterjesus@...>
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Home Jails in Denmark?
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 28, 2011, 1:49 AM

      My ancestors, according to the 1880 Census in Alborg, Denmark, were jailors, and had several prisoners living with them in their home!

      I wonder if this was a common thing? I don't think it would be, but can anyone shed any light on why Denmark would allow private citizens keep prisoners in their homes?

      Scott Leonard

      San Francisco, CA