14654Re: [Genealogy Research Club] A question about your research

  • Joseph
    Dec 31, 2010
      I have one 40 year old brick wall. My grandmother who was born on August 10,
      1895. She was adopted out in 1900 to the Sponsler family who lived in Union
      Bridge, MD. The adoptive parents were Samuel Hamilton Sponsler (b-1828), and
      his wife, Mary E. Munshour (b-1849). My grandmother was Mary Elizabeth 'Sponsler"

      My grandmother had told me that her parents surnames were Pittinger (Pittenger)
      and Furry... but if she'd told me which was which, it's been long lost.

      A genealogist near here tells me that in Maryland at that time, to enter school,
      they had to have the biological parent's names. He said if I can locate the
      school records of 1901 (she was 6 then), her biological parents should be listed.

      However, I've spent a year now (on and off) trying to find those school records
      from all over Frederick County, MD., but can find nothing...

      If anyone can help with this, it would be so greatly appreciated.

      Joseph