14429Re: Help! with Family Tree Maker 2010

  • HelenS
    Oct 9, 2010
      I had exactly the same problems and also, after I installed 2010 and it moved all of document to 2010, I could not access 2008 either and it was no longer registered.

      I found out MALware was blocking it. I had a friend who is a computer repairman fix it, since I am not that computer literate.

      Nothing that FTM or Ancestry sent worked at all. I tried all of their suggestions. I do remember Chris telling me to turn off my Norton protection, (which you can do for 15 minutes an it will restore inself afterwards) and see if I could register. That didn't work and then he discovered that a free spyware/virus application I had instlled was blocking it. We removed that (I think we had to turned the computer off and then back on and everything worked.

      I hope this helps or it gives you more information to provide a more computer literate person than me.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "HelenS" <has_hotflashes2003@...> wrote:

      > I have installed FTM 2010 and I can not register it nor can I get the Ancestry.com records (the little green leaves). I have made it an exception in my security, I can get to all of my bookmarks on the internet. They sent me a email with things to try and I did, but it still will not work. Can you help? Everything was working great until I installed 2010 and now the 2008 version won't work either.
      > thanks for any help you can get me.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic