      From: Patti <sunshine360days@...>
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Wright and Murray brick walls
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 1:20 PM

      My gggrandmother Margery Wright was born in Mass. Feb. 21, 1810 and died in Jackson County, MI on January 29, 1890. She married John Murray and lived in Parma, Jackson County for many years where they raised their children. They are buried there in Wright Cemetery. They have been my brick wall for many years. They also lived in Calhoun County for a time.

      Solomon Wright b.ca 1754 (Wethersfield, Ct.?) m. pre 1790 Williamstown, Berkshire Co.,Mass , served from there in the Revolutionary War, d. 26 Aug. 1823 Wayne Co., NY.

      His son, Frederick Wright Sr was born 1778 in Berkshire Co Mass and his wife SOPHIA (THOMAS) was born in 1781 Mass. Frederick emigrated from Massachusetts to Wayne County, NY in 1814 settling among its earliest pioneers. His family consisted of four children, two sons and two daughters.

      Deodatus was the son of Fredrick Wright and Sophia (Thomas) Wright. They had four children. Most of the family went to Parma Township, Jackson County, Michigan abt 1836. They are buried in Wright Cemetery along with Deodatus, Sophia, as well as John and Margery Murray - right next to their graves.

      I am trying to find proof that my gggrandmother Margery Wright was sister to Deodatus and daughter of Fredrick and Sophia. I have census info from 1850 – 1880 as well as the on-line cemetery transcription. I've never been able to find out WHERE in MA and VT Margery and John were born, nor their parents names. I have been trying for years to learn if Margery is from the Frederick & Sophia, Deodatus Wright family. I know that Frederick and Sophia had two daughters, one
      born in 1810 however I have not been able to learn the names of these daughters, nor the exact birthdates. Have been unable to get death cert, funeral records, cemetery record, obits, etc.