14114Re:Grave Markers

  • HelenS
    Jul 11 6:01 PM
      Well, I guess I can see everyone's point of view. I love family history and am trying to document mine, I manage a cemetery, and I am a contributing member of Find A Grave.

      I am always pleased to see a monument with family members listed and it is more costly to do this. About 10 cents a letter in my neck of the woods.

      You can still have a monument in a cemetery if you are cremated. I have several in mine.

      It is a shame that we have to be afraid to let people know about ourselves and our family, but also we must continue to be proud of our heritage and record our history. If you think about it, we are the ones that are leaving our records for the future. Providing the future generations a sense of where they came from. To show them what courage, perseverance, morals, strength, and determination it took to survive many hardships. The future generations will always need to know on whose back they are standing, the blood that flows in their veins, the strength of character they can draw from.

      Off my soapbox and back to work.