13989Re: Find A Grave Website - AWSOME !!!

  • HelenS
    Jun 3, 2010
      To Answer some of your questions.

      If you can't find a sexton at the cemetery, you can call a local funeral
      home and they can help you or give you the name of the sexton in most
      cases.
      It is simple to join FAG, just sign on! This is a massive task and all
      the help is appreciated.
      I found that taking pictures of the tombstones with some notes is the
      fastest way to record the cemetery. Then I download my pictures to my
      computer, titling the jpg with the person's name by cemetery. I then
      write down the information on a pad and start inputting it into FAG.
      This method keeps me from getting mixed up and I am able to make sure I
      get the right name with the picture.
      If you do document a cemetery, be willing to give the memorial to a
      family member. It is frustrating to have family links that you can't
      make because you can't edit the information.
      I hope I have answered some questions, you can send me a personal email
      if you have more questons.

      thanks, Helen

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "utilitydog2004"
      <Aussielover3@...> wrote:

      > To Helen and the rest of the volunteers at the Find A Grave website
      THANK YOU for the wonderful job you do.

      > As Helen mentioned it is completely FREE !!! You can't get a better
      bargan than that.

      > Those new to genealogy keep in mind if you find a cemetery in which
      your relative is located, more than likely, if there are others in the
      same cemetery with with same last name there is a good chance they are
      also related.

      > Nancy

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic