13986Re: Memorial Day in the US

  • tenmans38@aol.com
    Jun 2, 2010
      Yes Dawn I would really appreciate that photo help.
      I also have discovered there were two Harrison Thompson's
      from Illinois who served in the Civil War.The reason this
      might be important is because wife Elizabeth was born
      in Illinois (her Father in Ohio)I think that Harrison traveled
      thru Illinois (could they have met and married there?)to get
      to Missouri. I would think that those two had to link up
      somewhere along the way. Harrison clearly stayed put
      in Missouri where he started his large family with Elizabeth.

      Mike

      Posted by: "DABennink"
      There is a tree on ancestry.com that has a photo. I can help you reach that
      person if you like.

      I find the following records there as well:

      U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
      about Harrison Thompson
      Name: Harrison Thompson
      Side: Union
      Regiment State/Origin: Kentucky
      Regiment Name: 12 Kentucky Cavalry
      Regiment Name Expanded: 12th Regiment, Kentucky Cavalry
      Company: L
      Rank In: Private
      Rank In Expanded: Private
      Rank Out: Private
      Rank Out Expanded: Private
      Film Number: M386 roll 27

      U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
      about Harrison Thompson
      Name: Harrison Thompson
      Side: Union
      Regiment State/Origin: Missouri
      Regiment Name: 5 Missouri S.M. Cav.
      Regiment Name Expanded: 5th Regiment, Missouri State Militia Cavalry
      Company: B
      Rank In: Private
      Rank In Expanded: Private
      Rank Out: Private
      Rank Out Expanded: Private
      Film Number: M390 roll 48

      U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
      about Harrison Thompson
      Name: Harrison Thompson
      Side: Union
      Regiment State/Origin: Missouri
      Regiment Name: 4 Missouri S.M. Cavalry
      Regiment Name Expanded: 4th Regiment, Missouri State Militia Cavalry
      Company: E
      Rank In: Corporal
      Rank In Expanded: Corporal
      Rank Out: Private
      Rank Out Expanded: Private
      Film Number: M390 roll 48

      I don't know if any of them are the right one, but they are places you can
      look. If you google the regiment, perhaps there is some information in
      there that would make sense for you.

      I found some pension records, but none with a wife Elizabeth noted. I will
      poke around a bit more.

      Dawn