13970Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Memorial Day in the US

  • DABennink
    Jun 1, 2010
      There is a tree on ancestry.com that has a photo. I can help you reach that person if you like.

      I find the following records there as well:

      U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
      about Harrison Thompson
      Name: Harrison Thompson
      Side: Union
      Regiment State/Origin: Kentucky
      Regiment Name: 12 Kentucky Cavalry
      Regiment Name Expanded: 12th Regiment, Kentucky Cavalry
      Company: L
      Rank In: Private
      Rank In Expanded: Private
      Rank Out: Private
      Rank Out Expanded: Private
      Film Number: M386 roll 27

      U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
      about Harrison Thompson
      Name: Harrison Thompson
      Side: Union
      Regiment State/Origin: Missouri
      Regiment Name: 5 Missouri S.M. Cav.
      Regiment Name Expanded: 5th Regiment, Missouri State Militia Cavalry
      Company: B
      Rank In: Private
      Rank In Expanded: Private
      Rank Out: Private
      Rank Out Expanded: Private
      Film Number: M390 roll 48

      U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
      about Harrison Thompson
      Name: Harrison Thompson
      Side: Union
      Regiment State/Origin: Missouri
      Regiment Name: 4 Missouri S.M. Cavalry
      Regiment Name Expanded: 4th Regiment, Missouri State Militia Cavalry
      Company: E
      Rank In: Corporal
      Rank In Expanded: Corporal
      Rank Out: Private
      Rank Out Expanded: Private
      Film Number: M390 roll 48

      I don't know if any of them are the right one, but they are places you can look. If you google the regiment, perhaps there is some information in there that would make sense for you.

      I found some pension records, but none with a wife Elizabeth noted. I will poke around a bit more.

      Dawn