13964Re: Memorial Day in the US

  • tenmans38@aol.com
    Jun 1, 2010
      It is my understanding that my Great Grandpa Harrison Benjamin Thompson
      (who was born in 1835) served in the Union Army during the Civil War.My
      only
      real info on this is in a census.How do I find out the details on him.Like
      who
      did he serve under what battles was he in or where was he located? I have
      nothing
      on this. I know that he was married with a two year old child in 1870
      living in Missouri.
      He would became a farmer with land(and 15 kids) so he was no life term
      military man.
      Also would the fact that he was born in Kentucky mean anything. I am not
      sure where
      he was living at age 26 in 1861.That's to young to be an officer of major
      rank right?
      He was married 40 years in a 1910 census (one year before his death) to
      Elizabeth.
      The two year old in 1870 might have been from her first husband (the child
      seems
      to disappear after that. maybe dies).
      Can someone help me find any Union Army info on him?

      Mike