13958Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Memorial Day in the US

  • TinaS
    May 31, 2010
      Roberta,

      I do not know. That is a very good question that I plan to try to research. Does anyone else know? Were both confederate and union soldiers buried at Arlington National Cemetery? I got my info from a website on Memorial Day.

      Learn something new every day and I am grateful for the ability to learn it!!

      As for my list of soldiers, I would have to list my husband, my dad, my uncle, my grandfather, Charles Edward Knox, who on his way by train home from WWII sent a telegraph to his future wife asking her "Are those bells I am hearing?" Her reply was "No, they are cow bells he is hearing!!" LOL. They got married shortly after he arrived home and celebrated over 50 years together. My list could go on for almost every major battle the US was in including the Revolutionary War. I am proud of my soldiers!!!

      TolkSteel