13804brick wall

  • Joan Slocombe
    May 1, 2010
      Hello Group,

      I have been researching my family since 1967 and have two brick walls. The first is my maternal great grandfather Lorenzo Heil, anglicized to Lawrence. He was born in Bavaria, I have no date but my grandmother, who was born in 1880 said he was too old to have children,so I feel he was probably in his 50s when she was a child which would make his birthdate sometime before 1830. He was in the United States in time to take part in the Gold Rush to California, Grandma gave me a very small gold nugget from there and I always suspected it was all the gold he found. He was a butcher by trade and had a small butcher shop and grocery in Chicago when my grandmother was growing up. He married Mary Mueller b.abt 1849 in Aberfoyle, Ontario, Canada and besides my Grandmother who was Rosa Clara Heil d.1960 there were two other children Emma Pauline b. 1882 d.abt 1965 and George H. b. 1884 d. 1886. Any assistance to find out about Lawrence would be greatly appreciated.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic