13802Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Okay -- try this brick wall!

  • Joseph
    Apr 30 3:13 AM
      OK, here's a real brick wall that I've been trying to break for nearly
      40 years....

      My grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Sponsler. But that was her adoptive
      name. She was born in August 10, 1895.

      She was adopted in 1900 by Samuel Hamilton Sponsler, and Mary E. Munshour.

      My grandmother told me that there were two names she knew of for her
      parents. One was Pittinger and one was Furry... or something similar
      to that. When she told me, I'd written them as close as I could to what
      she said. She wasn't sure which was her father's name and which was her
      mother's maiden name.

      She was not in the 1900 census under any of these names that I know of.
      She had other siblings, quite a few of them as I recall, which was
      probably why they gave up some of them. Too poor to keep them, maybe.

      So, can anyone assist in getting Mary Elizabeth Sponsler's biological
      parent's names?

      Like I said, this is really a brick wall. In fact, I would venture to
      say, this is the Bull Shoals (AR) Dam.

      Joseph
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic