13613Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Patton, Col. James

  • Karen Minnemeyer
    Mar 31, 2010
      I too had an ancestor killed at Draper's Meadows - Philip BARGER. The BARGERS, PATTONS and the PRESTONS are all connected. I have some information I will gladly share with you when I am at my computer. I'll get back to you

      Karen Minnemeyer
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 31, 2010, at 5:30 PM, "LindaP" <lspellett@...> wrote:

      Does anyone have any information on Col. James Patton (1692-1755)? He was the brother of my Capt. John Patton. I always knew James was killed by Indians at Drapers Meadows, VA but I was just reading a book which is historical but also takes some creative liberties and it detailed his death. I was wondering if anyone had a true account of what happened to him at Drapers Meadows.

      Thanks, Linda Patton Pellett