      From: Pamela Gray <trachforwiggles@...>
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] I'm stuck again with grandmother!
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 10:44 PM

      I have a similar problem, only the children were born out of wedlock.  I can tell you one thing I know for certain.  During that time in our history, the women who had children out of wedlock we shuned as were their children.  They were outcasts in a lot of cases so the women lied to protect their children and themselves.  I think that sometimes they even believed the lie.

      I am not saying that this is the case with you relatives, but it is a possibility.

      Not much help, but something to think about.

      Pam