13440Re: Introduction and Background

  • Joy Weaver
    Feb 9, 2010
      I, too, have similar ancestry to research. My husband has Mayflower
      passengers Edward Fuller and his wife, as well has every kind of
      Revolutionary War category: Patriots, Loyalists, Quaker objectors.
      Meanwhile, I am the child of first-generation Eastern European Jews who
      went back and forth from New York to Montreal and Toronto.

      It's really a fascinating jumble of history, with each part having its
      own challenges.

      As to software, I've been using Family Tree Maker for about as long as
      I've used a computer, currently updated to FTM 2009. It isn't always
      the easiest program to navigate, but keeping the 4000+ member tree
      private and only posting those sections I'm comfortable sharing to
      online sites has it's advantages.

      Joy Weaver