13178Re: another newbie

  • baum.roberta
    Oct 20, 2009
      Hello. I'm fairly new to the group. In your letter, you mentioned all the surnames that you have or are researching but is it possible that you also have Elder or Hillard? The reason I ask is that one of my grandfather's brothers is Beverly Genson Elder. I don't know the reason his parents gave him the middle name of Genson but it could be that somehow one of them was related to someone with that last name.
      Let me know if there is a possibility. Roberta Baum
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "fremily3" <remily@...> wrote:

      > Hello: I recently joined. I'm attempting some research on my husband's family. Unfortunately, hubby's mom died years ago and his dad is not a good historian. A few of hubby's relatives have offered some insight and I've come across another researcher of the same surname in New York, but we can't find a link between the families.
      >
      > Researching surname Genson for now. My F-I-L is Howard Genson, age 78. So far, I know there have been Gensons in IN, IA, WI, and FL, who are related. Howard Genson had only one half sister, his mom died when he was a baby, and his dad died 10 years ago. His stepmom is still alive and living in IL, so I may try to visit her. I believe she is age 94. It's quite a puzzle trying to figure out if there are Genson relatives still alive that I can interview. The half sister has helped a little bit, but she's a decade younger than Howard and doesn't have recollection of being told about Howard's early years.
      >
      > I've done some surfing at familysearch.org and other websites. I'm thinking I need to interview and/or send questionnaires to anyone I can find, make cold calls to other Gensons who show up on whitepages.com or other searches, get birth certificate copies to help pin down locations & maiden names, what else? Would appreciate suggestions.
      >
      > A couple of other surnames that connect to me: Welna, Ramerth, Wentorf, Zermuehlen. -Lisa Genson

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic