13175another newbie

  • fremily3
    Oct 20, 2009
      Hello: I recently joined. I'm attempting some research on my husband's family. Unfortunately, hubby's mom died years ago and his dad is not a good historian. A few of hubby's relatives have offered some insight and I've come across another researcher of the same surname in New York, but we can't find a link between the families.

      Researching surname Genson for now. My F-I-L is Howard Genson, age 78. So far, I know there have been Gensons in IN, IA, WI, and FL, who are related. Howard Genson had only one half sister, his mom died when he was a baby, and his dad died 10 years ago. His stepmom is still alive and living in IL, so I may try to visit her. I believe she is age 94. It's quite a puzzle trying to figure out if there are Genson relatives still alive that I can interview. The half sister has helped a little bit, but she's a decade younger than Howard and doesn't have recollection of being told about Howard's early years.

      I've done some surfing at familysearch.org and other websites. I'm thinking I need to interview and/or send questionnaires to anyone I can find, make cold calls to other Gensons who show up on whitepages.com or other searches, get birth certificate copies to help pin down locations & maiden names, what else? Would appreciate suggestions.

      A couple of other surnames that connect to me: Welna, Ramerth, Wentorf, Zermuehlen. -Lisa Genson
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic