      From: circa_1948 <circa_1948@...>
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Newbie here
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 2:44 PM

      Hi Michelle,
      Nice to 'meet' you :-) I am Sunny, a gramma in Washington state. Welcome to the group.
      If you ever need any lookups regarding the penal system I would be happy to look in my collection.
      Over the years I have accumulated several files and record books I have transcribed so I can search my hard drive easily.
      I have about 1 1/2 GB in a folder. I will do searches (no cost) if someone thinks I can help. While that sounds like a lot PC-wise
      it's a drop in the bucket but I have had some successes in finding info for people who have an "uncle Joe" who dropped out of sight
      or a great gramma who ended up in an institution.

      This info includes the following records in part:: prison/jail, asylum, inmate, mug shots/Bertillon records, wanted & missing person posters,
      photos, poor/alms/work houses, orphanages, sanitariums, newspaper articles, court records, road/prison camps, executions, convict ships info etc.
      A recent addition is my archive of old photos (mostly pre-20th century) where-in I can match up your photo with one like it in my collection.
      This info covers all U.S. states and other countries as well. All time frames from 1400s to present but primarily 18th & 19th century.

      Sunny
      IBSSG