12906Re: Birth & Death certificates

  • littledi1030
    Jul 4 5:17 AM
      I had that problem with IN. Knew where grandmother died, was there for the funeral. Got the Death Cert. and her name was wrong. Called them their answer was that "that is what we have, if you want to change it we need three pieces of proof, and another $10." Asked if her Obit counted,"no." Fortunately I have enough other documents with her name but they can keep the one with the wrong info.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Helen" <has_hotflashes2003@...> wrote:

      > Guess none of you have had any experience with Florida. I spent $45.oo ($5.00 for each search) and got 3 back. So I lost $30.00.
      >
      > I knew exactly where they died, date, name, etc. and they said "NO Record". My grandmother died in my sister's home and all are buried in our family plot. Called the Director of Vital Stats and his office checked and found the first one right off.
      >
      > One they sent me had all the information wrong, there was no way the could have research my information and sent me anything that messed up. Giant Ripoff.
      >
      > I went to my county office and was told they only have access to 6 months records, which has to be untrue, since they have access to the main data base in Jacksonville.
      >
      > If I can't get the ones when I know all the information, there isn't much hope of getting one that needs research.
      >
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Meagan Coggins <xdaysofyouthx@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If you know the town they were born and died in then you just go to that town/city hall and request a genealogy copy of the record you want.  Go to Indiana's vital statistics site to find out the time periods required, like in my state death cert. have to be on file for 50 years before you can get them.  If you don't know the town or city then you can request the certificate from your state, again go to the vital statistic site for your state and they will most likely have a form you can print and mail in.  Where I live they cost $10 from the local town and $22 from the state.
      > >
      > > --- On Tue, 6/30/09, Julie Rittacco <susietaco@> wrote:

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic