      From: Jean <realmomabear@...>
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:06:29 PM
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] need help looking for patients/inmates of topeka state (insane) hosptal

      We need some help. SNYDER (GREGG), IDA dob: 26 Oct 1881 in Iowa, USA. was committed to topeka state hospital in KS between state census 1915 and fed census 1920 until abt 1953, where she was placed into a rest home (per her death cert). Apparetnly she was committed because she tried to kill her only surviving child (Lilly Belle SNYDER) in the kitchen with a knife... per the family. I am looking for more info about her for the rest of the remaining grandchildren who have asked about it.
      Where would I look now to try to find more?
      The family story says that she spent time in Menninger's, but from the 1914 KS state census to the 1930 US Federal census all state she was residing in Topeka State before moving to the rest home.
      She was married to Washington SNYDER, was never divorced from Wash, and died in the Holm Rest Home in Almena KS o 25 Feb 1963 as a widow. (Wash died in 1947 in Silverton, WA).
      Thanks in advance,
      Jean