12768Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Family Tree Maker

  • Jean
    May 22, 2009
      If you have the FTM 2009, click on "PLAN" then just click on the "New Tree" tab below and just start filling in the blanks with what you know. We (my husband and I) have about 12 different trees currently going in FTM, along with a single tree that contains everything to date.
      I've separated the lines from our grandparents so that if we do get a connection, all we have to do is send the information specific to that line, rather than going to my "everything in one" tree as they usually do not want the extra branches that we have in there. Only what pertains to that particular line. <shrug> We've sent the entire tree to a few people who have requested it and they e-mail me back requesting that we only send the information on the 1 particular line so we figured that it would be easier to break them down at Grandparents level then just add the branch that ends with us, with a note attached saying that if they want/need the branches attached from us to our grandparents, then just need to ask, as most of our parents and their siblings, nieces and nephews are alive.

      Jean

      PS: Hope this helps and isn't too much rambling.