12623RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Joining Group

  • Julie Rittacco
    Apr 27, 2009
      Ann, this is what I have so far.

      I have hit such a brickwall and a hugh gap. My Great Grandfather was Albert Wellington Harris Born Aug 1868 Balbec,Jay Co, Ind
      Died March 20,1922 in Oklahoma his father
      Benjamin Harris Born Feb.07,1835 Columbiana Co.,Ohio
      married Sarah McDorman Jan.31,1864 Jay Co., In
      Died Feb 14,1917 Jay Co.,In He was in Civil War
      Now his father was Benjamin Harris B.1788 in North Carolina
      D. Aft 1870 in probably wells County
      His father was Thomas Harris B. before 1775 in N.C. I can't seems to find proof of most of this.
      And here's where it get good.
      I was told by my father that before I was born. His father( Edgar Harris B.Jan.24,1894 in Belbec Ind and died Oct. 07,1967 In Anderson,In) had received a letter from whom I don't know. That my grandfather was entitled to be a baron. Being an old farmer and factory worker I am sure just laughted it off. But there were notes in our family reunion books about this letter. But no ones knows what happened to the letter. It also stated that there was a Harris castle and we came from So. Wales. These are caucasians. Thank You Ann