12622Re: calkins

  • Pop Pete from Glenmont, NY
    Apr 27, 2009
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "bigsissy55" <bigsissy55@...> wrote:

      > i am researching fathers family, amy one who knows anything about calkins please respond, i have come across several questions in my research. any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks, glenice marie

      Calkins is a name I can recall as The Sheriff of Schenectady County back in the late 50's and early 60's was Harold Calkins. At one time the family had a coal business on Erie Blvd and HAROLD was a police Officer for The City of Schenectady and directed traffic at Erie Blve and State inh Schenectady., before becoming Sheriff. BY the way I worked for him and was a Patrol officer. I believe he lived on Regent St.You may be able to obtain more info on Harold from the Schenectady Public records. Good Luck
      That is about all I can remember for this Calkins. Maybe this will open some doors for you. Poppete from Glenmont, NY
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic