      From: xdaysofyouthx <xdaysofyouthx@...>
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Missing ancestor/adoption question
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 12:33 AM

      Hi everyone. After a 1 1/2 years of genealogy work my brother and I decided to reach out in hopes of finding some distant relatives. We met up with one who gave us some interesting information. My paternal grandmother had a half sister. Her mother gave birth out of wedlock on July 20, 1917 to a Ladislia. This distant relative came across the baptism record which lists no father, just says that it was out of wedlock. My grandmother never mentioned this half sister, Ladislia never shows up on any census records. We think she shows up in a family photo at the age of 2. About 2 years later my great grandmother married, the family thinks the husband forced her to give up the baby. What was the common thing to do back then in this situation? Adoption, given to another family member to raise? (though we do not believe this happened). The baby is not buried anywhere in the area or with the mother. If the baby did die why wouldn't she be buried with the mother?
      Any thoughts please share.

      Thank you!