12177Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Family History Program?

  • Diane S
    Jan 13, 2009
      RootsMagic is not testing their beta version 4 right now - anyone purchasing the most current edition will receive version 4 for free... this is a very user friendly, yet complete program which does amazing things - color coding being only one of my favorites.
      This program dates back to the old Family Origins for Windows and the CompuServe Genealogy forums where I first downloaded it for free. The group of this forum were among the elite and first of internet researchers to include Dick Eastwood, etal.
      This is inexpensive but serious software for beginners and advanced alike - I tried Legacy and it did not hold a candle to this program, nor did FTM, which would not merge large families...
      Try the demo - I think you will like it!
      Diane S Sanfilippo
      http://www.RootsMagic.com

      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Family History Program?

      I used the free version of Legacy for years and finally upgraded a couple
      years ago.
      I was very happy with the free version and the only other program I think I
      ever want to try would be Master Genealogist.

      The link for Legacy is below.

      Naomah

      taphophilia, noun, from the Greek word taphos meaning grave; a love for
      funerals, graves, cemeteries

      http://naomah.tribalpages.com/

      www.LegacyFamilyTree.com