12124Re: [Genealogy Research Club] My brick wall: Thomas Abson Jones

  • brendakayjeffrey
    Dec 29, 2008
      He could have. I have no other information about him other than he
      was born in Mississippi and sometime in his life came to Texas.
      Tell me about your Frank.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "circa_1948"
      <circa_1948@...> wrote:

      > Did Thomas have a brother Frank?
      > sunny
      Jones

      > Hi all,
      > I am new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. It has
      been
      > three years that I have been chipping away at my brick wall,
      Thomas
      > Abson(m) Jones. He is my great grand father born in 1848 in
      > Mississippi. The first time I can find him in a census is 1900
      in Leon
      > County in Texas. He is married w/four teenage children (three
      girls
      > and 1 boy)and 2 grandsons. Where he was up until that time is
      the
      > mystery. Who his wives were are a mystery. He died in Limestone
      County,
      > Texas which is next door to Leon County. He was a tennant
      farmer who
      > moved around from farm to farm harvesting vegetables. He died
      in 1918
      > in Thornton, Limestone County, Tx and is buried in the King
      Cementery
      > in an unmarked grave.
      > I have a lead to follow that his mother was Sarah Green who
      married
      > Isaac Jones in Mississippi who already had children from another
      wife.
      > Somehow Sarah moved to Texas with Thomas.
      > My grandfather was Charles Wesley Jones born 1880 in Texas and
      he never
      > spoke of his parents to my mom.
      > I will be glad to help someone looking for Texas information on
      any
      > subject.

      > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at
      Ancestry.Com

      > http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?
      bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718