12115My brick wall: Thomas Abson Jones

  • brendakayjeffrey
    Dec 27, 2008
      Hi all,
      I am new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. It has been
      three years that I have been chipping away at my brick wall, Thomas
      Abson(m) Jones. He is my great grand father born in 1848 in
      Mississippi. The first time I can find him in a census is 1900 in Leon
      County in Texas. He is married w/four teenage children (three girls
      and 1 boy)and 2 grandsons. Where he was up until that time is the
      mystery. Who his wives were are a mystery. He died in Limestone County,
      Texas which is next door to Leon County. He was a tennant farmer who
      moved around from farm to farm harvesting vegetables. He died in 1918
      in Thornton, Limestone County, Tx and is buried in the King Cementery
      in an unmarked grave.
      I have a lead to follow that his mother was Sarah Green who married
      Isaac Jones in Mississippi who already had children from another wife.
      Somehow Sarah moved to Texas with Thomas.
      My grandfather was Charles Wesley Jones born 1880 in Texas and he never
      spoke of his parents to my mom.
      I will be glad to help someone looking for Texas information on any
      subject.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic