      From: Barbara Sack <bsack@...>
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 3:41:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] The Eneis family

      Hi Richard,
      Although we share a city (I'm also in San Diego) we don't share
      family. I applaud and thank you for offering family info, if we were
      family. I'm just on the list and like many here, try to help others
      because I have a subscription to ancestry.com, which many people
      don't have (though it's accessible for free at the SD Public Library
      - did you know that?).

      From what I remember in looking this up, your grandfather Herbert
      was raised from a young age by his Metro uncles. I never actually
      found him with his parents. Do you know his mother's name? That
      would help, since the 1900 census evidently spells the Eneis name
      incorrectly. Did your grandfather have siblings? I ask all this
      because I've found the way to go back through the generations is to
      establish each one, find out where they lived, who all was in the
      family, etc., to be able to recognize them in prior census etc. By
      giving all the names surround the "mystery" person, those of us who
      have subscriptions to various sites can look to see if info is
      available for you.

      Barbara