11742Re: I've hit a brick wall and it hurts / Muskevitsch

  • Tom Knox
    Aug 27, 2008
      Steve -

      Have you tried http://castlegarden.org/ ?
      Before Ellis Island, there was Castle Garden (before 1892) . . .

      And do you have any first names of these immigrants?
      I found a Friedrich Muschewitz age 24 arrived 6 May 1861.

      - Tomk Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <steve614@...>
      wrote:

      > The name now is Muskevitsch. It has been changed over the years--
      > Muskavitch, Muscavitch, Muskevitch. Seems like the family liked to
      > stir things up every few years by adding a vowel or removing one.

      on the internet and every genealogy website. I know my relatives
      came from Posen Germany (now Poland)between 1858-1861. How else
      do I find a record of their being on a ship. I know they just
      didn't drop out of the sky and land in Wisconsin and I don't think
      they tunneled from Germany.

      > > If anyone can give me any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.
      > >
      > > Steve in WI
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic