11731Introduction

  • Mechelle Wallace
    Aug 25, 2008
      Hello to everyone,

      I am new to the group, and new to genealogy. My name is Mechelle, and I live in Fresno, CA.  Like a lot of people, I waited too long to develop an interest in Genealogy. Most of the people in my family, who would have had the answers, are long gone.

      Right now, I am searching for my Cunningham relatives.
      They were Irish and they settled in S/W Missouri.
      I can go as far back as my GGGG Grandfather Joseph Cunningham, b. abt. 1786, in PA. His wife's name was Elizabeth, and she was born in NC. There are 2-3 family trees on Rootsweb and World Connect, and they all stop at Joseph. Nobody has been able to find that missing puzzle piece.
      Joseph and Elizabeth had one known child, William Lewis Cunningham b. 1817 in MO. or KY.

      The are were my family had their farms was in what is now called Garrison Missouri. In that area, the county name changed three times, after Joseph arrived abt. 1830. It started as Greene, then changed to Taney, and then finally Christian County. (that was a big roadblock).
      My other family lines are, Wallace, Buchanan, Ellingsworth, Jones, White, Moody, and Cook.

      I know everyone is busy with their own research, but I would appreciate any help that you can give.

      Mechelle