11700I got a tuff one for yall ...

  • Synaptic Freak
    Aug 13, 2008
      I am searching for 2 family names that I know existed but seems to have vanished off the face of the planet ....

      Spignard: Based out of the Pennsylvainia/New York area in and around the early late 1800, early 1900.....If you look up the name in the SS Death index you will find only a few of them, and every single one in the death index are my relatives...Both George and Lucille worked for 40 years at the Case knife factory in Bradford Pennsylvainia.

      Albert 079-07-442
      This was my grandfathers oldest brother

      George 174-07-5637
      This was my frandfather (My Mother's Father)
      Lucille (Maiden Name Streeter) out of Midway City California was My Grandmother

      John 174-07-7643 was my grandfathers younger brother
      Imogene "Juanita" 174-07-5638 was Johns Wife.
      Both John and his wife worked for years for the Case Shear Factory in Nashville Arkansas.

      Laura 195-16-2310 was my grandfathers older sister.

      According to my mother, her grandfather came directly from northern Italy and his name was Michael ...I have a 1910 Census that shows him and several of the children living in Cattaraugus County, Olean New York. I have found tons and tons of the name Spignardo, but without the O , the only peopl ein existance in the United States are people that are my relatives ..how can this be?....Could there have been some sort of family fued or something and one faction took the O off their names?...I cant freaking find ANY more spignards without the O ....and according to the census there was a HUGE family ..Like 11 Children, and i can only account for 4 of them...where did they all go?...

      The next family I am looking for is Steeter Based out of Bradford Pennsylvainia and Buffalo New York ....I have sound a few of them, but none that are related to my grandmother ...My grandmother was Lucille Marie Streeter (Spignard) For some reason she has not been registered in the death index, but i know she died on May 1, 2000...if you look up the name in Zabasearch it still shows her living at her old address in Midway City, Califorania..Her fathers name was Sylvester Streeter and I cant find him anywhere ...Spignards and Streeters are this huge dead end and its driving me nutz!..lol

      Its all about music, I call myself Top Quark.
      Music Page:
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=232115&content=music

      Personal Profile Page:
      http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=topquark

      Interesting stuff: Defenestration, Trepanation (Just imagine, a trepanic drill!!...lol), Synesthesia

      From: stevesr85552 <stevesr85552@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Joseph N. Moore
      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 3:09 AM

      Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

      Steve

      --- In genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com, "stevesr85552"
      <stevesr85552@ ...> wrote:

      > I am desperately searching for any information on Joseph N. Moore.
      The
      > only info I have on him is that he was a white man living in
      Vinita,
      > Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory. This is now Vinita, Craig
      County,