11657Re: Norton research

  • Bob
    Aug 2, 2008
      Nortons - my trail starts in Bathgate Scotland 1855 era. Patrick
      Norton born abt 1842 Ireland - his parents listed as Michael Norton
      and Mary Dunn(e)- Ireland. There are a number of other Nortons in the
      Census data for Bathgate and one lists Queens as his place of origin,
      this could have been Queen's County or maybe Queenstown/Cohb. I have
      not officially connected these Nortons to each other yet but appear to
      have the same parents (well names at least) one never jumps in when it
      comes to Irish naming patterns could be another line but married to
      someone with the same names.
      So I have next to Nil on the Norton in Ireland prior to coming to Scotland
      My research is basically in Scotland and Ireland since I know where
      most of the canadian norton are from but am attempting to connect
      Annie Drummond (Norton) in the 1901/1911 Toronto Canada census to the
      family in Scotland --maybe a sister of the Bathgate Norton families.

      I host a website with Norton data mainly from Scotland and Ireland
      Always adding data to the site - when time permits
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hiflyte/
      or
      http://hiflyte.22web.net/

      Have a nice day
      Bob
      Cdn
      <SNIP>
      ... In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Harris"
      <lionopt1@...> wrote:

      I am seeking information on James B. Norton born about 1823. I found
      him in...
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic