      From: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Barry Norton
      Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:53 PM
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: hiflyte@...
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Norton research

      Just joined the Genealogy group and see that you are researching Nortons
      from Ireland. My 5th Great-grandfather was Edward Norton born abt 1715 in
      Armagh, Ulster, Ireland. He was in the US by 1733 when he attended the
      marriage of his sister Mary in Chester Co., PA as cited in the Nottingham
      Quaker records. His marriage is recorded in the same records in 1739. Their
      father was Edward born about 1687 in Armagh and was deceased at the time of
      their marriages per those same Quaker records. Their grandfather(my 7thGGF)
      married a Jame Grimes abt 1860 in Carlow, Ireland. It was her second
      marriage. Her first was to a William Rose in 1654. Quaker records found at
      Swarthmore College near Phila, PA have confirmed this. If any of this
      sounds familiar I would love to swap info with you.