11565Re2: [S]Chasteen - disappearing act

  • Tom Knox
    Jul 7, 2008
      Lisa -

      (read other message first)

      California Death Index, 1940-1997
      Name: Charles Henry Schasteen
      Birth Date: 19 Jan 1872
      Birthplace: Illinois
      Death Date: 4 Aug 1948
      Death Place: Kern
      Mother's Maiden Name: Inman
      Father's Surname: Schasteen
      ==========
      Name: Estella L Schasteen
      Birth Date: 13 Mar 1876
      Birthplace: Kansas
      Death Date: 8 Aug 1965
      Death Place: Kern
      Mother's Maiden Name: Swofford
      ==========
      Name: Samuel M Schasteen
      Social Security #: 554072286
      Birth Date: 23 Jan 1896
      Birthplace: Missouri
      Death Date: 29 May 1968
      Death Place: Kern
      Mother's Maiden Name: Lybarger

      So -
      Charles Henry Schasteen (b.IL) married Estella Lybarger (b.KS)
      (married circa 1892);
      Charles' mother's maiden name INMAN;
      Estella's mother's maiden name SWOFFORD.

      These are possible matches -

      1880 Cherokee Twp, Montgomery, Kansas - SD 1 ED 15 Page 7C
      Lyberger, Valantin, 32 Farmer born OH:OH:(VT?)
      (), Mary, wife 25 born TN:SC:SC
      (), Estella, daughter 3 born KS:OH:TN
      (), ?Amer(?Omer) E, son 9m born "Sept" born KS:OH:TN
      NOTE: next door is another LYBERGER household.

      Kansas State Census Collection, 1855-1915
      Name: Valentine Lybarger
      Census Date: 1 Mar 1875
      Residence: Cherokee, Montgomery, Kansas
      Birth Location: Ohio
      Family Number: 68
      Gender: Male
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1848
      Race: White
      Line: 39
      Roll: ks1875_14
      =====
      1875 Cherokee, Montgomery, Kansas
      Lybarger, Valentine/27:OH, Mary/22:TN, Rhoda/5m:KS

      1880 Freedom, Bourbon, Kansas
      Birch, S S, 24 married Farmer born IN:OH:OH
      (), Lizzie, wife 25 married born MO:MO:MO
      Chasteen, Charles H, "no relation" 8 born IL:(IL):(IL)

      - Tom Knox IBSSG "Bloodhound"

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Keene
      <keenetrio@...> wrote:

      > It took some doing but it finally hit me that my grandmother's maiden
      name was not Chasteen.
      > Her name was Mabel K. Schasteen
      > and now things are a bit harder. Cannot find her on any census,before
      she married my grandfather.
      > I did find out that her mother's name was Estella, from the 1930
      census.
      > And I am hopeing the man I found was her father, Charles H. Schasteen.
      > Thank you for suggesting the misspelling!!
      > Lisa
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic