11545Re: adshead

  • emacassell1962
    Jul 3, 2008
      Hi am looking for Frank once in New York, 1901 census Lucy J is his
      sister ( 3 girls, 2 boys) there are my mothers cousins. we know
      nothing of Frank once he left England, Ellis Island record of
      arrival is only info I have. Thanks in anticipation, Ema
      --- In
      genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jean" <realmomabear@...>
      wrote:

      > Pleae forgive my dunceness, but are u looking for frank in or
      around
      > New York or for his ancestors?
      >
      > For more specific info on Frank, I did find the passenger list on
      > ancestry.com and there was alot if information on that list. His
      > arrival was to the Port of New York on 9 May 1907, his destination
      was
      > 362 52nd st Brooklyn, NY (I could not distinguish the particular
      > person named in that section, he was born in Wilmslow, England. He
      > was 24 years old and single when he arrived. his profession was a
      butcher.

      > In the 1901 England census, it shows his mother, Lucy Adshead as
      head
      > of household and listed as Single, She was a confectioner worker,
      the
      > She was 21 (She is listed as Head of household, and the "Daur" was
      > crossed out and the "Head" printed in above it, so I think this may
      > have been an older sister instead of Mother as she would have been
      3
      > years old when she birthed Frank and even less than that as he had
      1
      > more older sister, Lizzie who is listed as 20 years old). It also
      > shows 2 younger siblings. Please let me know if you would like
      all of
      > the information that I found in the 1901 census.
      >
      > I was unable to find him in 1891 England census.
      >
      > I looked in the US census for 1910, 1920 & 1930, They all show
      Frank,
      > but both the birth dates and the place of births were incorrect
      (about
      > 10 years off).
      >
      > But as you do have the date of his arrival and know where he was
      > headed at that time, you should be able to find him in the City
      > Directories, or if u an decipher the name of the person he was to
      be
      > residing with at the time of his arrival, then you will have
      another
      > name to research, even if it is only periphery research, perhaps
      > through that name you will find Frank or someone who
      knows/knew/heard
      > of him.
      >
      > I aslo requested Ancestry check the England & Wales, Free BMD Birth
      > Index for 1837 - 1883 and found:
      > " England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 England & Wales,
      > FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983
      > Name: Frank Adshead
      > Year of Registration: 1882
      > Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
      > District: Altrincham
      > County: Cheshire
      > Volume: 8a
      > Page: 165 (click to see others on page)
      >

      > Source Information:
      >
      > FreeBMD. England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 [database
      > on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.
      > Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil
      > Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.
      > © Crown copyright. Published by permission of the Controller of
      HMSO
      > and the Office for National Statistics. You must not copy on,
      transfer
      > or reproduce records without the prior permission of ONS. Database
      > Copyright © 1998-2003 Graham Hart, Ben Laurie, Camilla von
      Massenbach
      > and David Mayall.

      > This database is a searchable, digitized version of the indices of
      > civil registrations in England and Wales, reported quarterly to the
      > General Register Office (GRO) in London. This index spans the years
      > between 1837 and 1983. Approximately 50% of the names between 1837
      and
      > 1900 have been transcribed thus far. You need the information
      found in
      > an original index to request a copy of a birth certificate for the
      > individual referenced.
      >

      > © 2008, The Generations Network, Inc."
      >

      > I hope this helps you out. There is also a pic of the Majestic on
      > Ancestry.
      >
      > Jean
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "emacassell1962"
      > <emacassell1962@> wrote:
      > >
      > > i have a ggreat cousin frank adshead 1882 who departed liverpool
      1907
      > > on the majestic, he arrived ellis island, can anyone help in
      tracking
      > > him after that pls? thanks ema.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic