11529Re: adshead

  • Jean
    Jun 30, 2008
      Pleae forgive my dunceness, but are u looking for frank in or around
      New York or for his ancestors?

      For more specific info on Frank, I did find the passenger list on
      ancestry.com and there was alot if information on that list. His
      arrival was to the Port of New York on 9 May 1907, his destination was
      362 52nd st Brooklyn, NY (I could not distinguish the particular
      person named in that section, he was born in Wilmslow, England. He
      was 24 years old and single when he arrived. his profession was a butcher.

      In the 1901 England census, it shows his mother, Lucy Adshead as head
      of household and listed as Single, She was a confectioner worker, the
      She was 21 (She is listed as Head of household, and the "Daur" was
      crossed out and the "Head" printed in above it, so I think this may
      have been an older sister instead of Mother as she would have been 3
      years old when she birthed Frank and even less than that as he had 1
      more older sister, Lizzie who is listed as 20 years old). It also
      shows 2 younger siblings. Please let me know if you would like all of
      the information that I found in the 1901 census.

      I was unable to find him in 1891 England census.

      I looked in the US census for 1910, 1920 & 1930, They all show Frank,
      but both the birth dates and the place of births were incorrect (about
      10 years off).

      But as you do have the date of his arrival and know where he was
      headed at that time, you should be able to find him in the City
      Directories, or if u an decipher the name of the person he was to be
      residing with at the time of his arrival, then you will have another
      name to research, even if it is only periphery research, perhaps
      through that name you will find Frank or someone who knows/knew/heard
      of him.

      I aslo requested Ancestry check the England & Wales, Free BMD Birth
      Index for 1837 - 1883 and found:
      " England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 England & Wales,
      FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983
      Name: Frank Adshead
      Year of Registration: 1882
      Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
      District: Altrincham
      County: Cheshire
      Volume: 8a
      Page: 165 (click to see others on page)

      Source Information:

      FreeBMD. England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 [database
      on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.
      Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil
      Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.
      © Crown copyright. Published by permission of the Controller of HMSO
      and the Office for National Statistics. You must not copy on, transfer
      or reproduce records without the prior permission of ONS. Database
      Copyright © 1998-2003 Graham Hart, Ben Laurie, Camilla von Massenbach
      and David Mayall.

      This database is a searchable, digitized version of the indices of
      civil registrations in England and Wales, reported quarterly to the
      General Register Office (GRO) in London. This index spans the years
      between 1837 and 1983. Approximately 50% of the names between 1837 and
      1900 have been transcribed thus far. You need the information found in
      an original index to request a copy of a birth certificate for the
      individual referenced.

      © 2008, The Generations Network, Inc."

      I hope this helps you out. There is also a pic of the Majestic on
      Ancestry.

      Jean
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "emacassell1962"
      <emacassell1962@...> wrote:

      > i have a ggreat cousin frank adshead 1882 who departed liverpool 1907
      > on the majestic, he arrived ellis island, can anyone help in tracking
      > him after that pls? thanks ema.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic