11465Bleichner family from KY.

  • jbaconsr
    Jun 1, 2008
      I am researching a Bleichner family who lived in KY in the late 1800's
      and early 1900's.Edward L. Bleichner was born in 1901 KY. I have all
      his census,SSDI,naval census in 1920. He was my Grandmother's second
      husband.He lived at 211 Ann st. in Newport,Cambell co.,KY before he
      enlisted in the Navy. The 1920 naval census lists his address as
      living there. I checked the 1920 census and there are several
      Bleichner families living in the immediate area, but none on Ann st. I
      suspect that his parents were Edward and Delores Bleichner, who lived
      there in Newport, but have no supporting documentation. The 1910
      census shows him in an orphanage with three other Bleichner female
      children, all born around the same time.By the 1930 census ,he is in
      the NY,PA area, where he married my Grandmother.
      There is conflicting census data as to whether the Bleichners in KY
      were born in Germany or France. Both come up at various census'.And
      there is at least one other Edward Bleichner who lived in the same
      area as my Granfather in NY,and was born 1902. He appears in the 1930
      census, and more recently I have seen his name in the local news Obits.
      If anyone is related to this family and can confirm Edward's
      parentage, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.