10960Re: Dead end?

  • alizagg
    Dec 10, 2007
      If your grandfather was born in 1908 in the US then he should be in
      the US 1910 census with his parents. The census record lists the
      country they were born in so that would give you the info. need on
      your g-grandather. Should also have his age listed too as well as
      immigration yr..sometimes marriage and naturalization is there too-
      so you really need to start with the census. Have you looked on
      ancestry.com? That's where I got all of mine.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "mama2sally"
      <mama2sally@...> wrote:

      > Hi all.
      >
      > I am researching my family tree and I have hit a dead end.
      > I know who my father is, my Grandfather, great grandfather, and I
      know
      > the name of my great great grandfather. But thats it.
      >
      > All my life I heard from my Grandfather how we were from
      > Czechoslovakia.
      > But I have no record of that. My grandfather himself was born in
      the
      > US in 1908 -- (before there was a Czechoslovakia.)
      >
      > My grandfathers father (My great grandfather) filled out a couple
      of
      > census reports (before WWI) saying that his father
      > (who would be great-great grandfather) was born in Germany, but
      there
      > really wasn't a Germany back when my Great-Great Grandfather was
      born.
      > That said I dont know my Great-great grandfathers exact birthdate.
      >
      > The only information I have found on my Great-Great grandfather is
      > passinger list with his name on it from when he came to the US.
      But it
      > says he came from Russia and had Russian citizenship. (Not German
      or
      > Czech.)
      >
      > So I don't know what this means or how to go further back than
      this.
      > I have no birth or death records for my Great-great grandfather
      > I have no birth record for my great-grandfather but since he died
      in
      > 1974 we do have death records. I have birth records & death records
      > for my grandfather & birth records for my dad.
      >
      > So how can I move forward with this search
      >
      > Thanks

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic