      From: Clark & Rita Pederson
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:10 PM
      Subject: RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Re:Ancestry.com

      Donna: The US does a census every 10 years, including 1940, 1950, 1960
      etc. however, the information is not released until the data is 72 years
      old for privacy reasons. So the last release was the 1930 census. It
      will be 2012 before the 1940 census is released. Prior to that only
      general statistically information is available.

      Clark

      Oregon

      _____