      From: mary g <maryogarvey@...>
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Best programs to use
      Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:27:46 -0700 (PDT)

      Hello..I am essentially just started out although I have found out a lot. I subscribe to one great family and ancestry.com. I find the message boards provide the most information..but then I lose it. I have found that ancestry.com message boards are too complicated for me to ever find my way back to.even int he same session...but genealogy.com works much better.

      I want to know what is the best program to use so that non-subscribers can share the information..and what is the best way to take care of miscellaneous bits of information that either you or someone else can use someday...I am making an Excel spreadsheet that seems to work.

      Can you make these Gedcom files on just miscellaneous people, entering what you have? I have some people I think I am related to, but I am not sure how.

      I also have limited time and energy and money, and want to avoid duplication of effort as much as possible. Thanks. mg