10577Re: Hi Everyone...

  • kim_donley
    Aug 5, 2007
      Ok here is 1860 census for Joseph Shepler in Vermillion Illinois
      although it says Smitha by ancestry when u look at the actual census
      it says Syntha which of course is common for Cynthia. Joseph is
      down as a farmer. Found other census 1870, 1880 etc..with a Joseph
      Shepler and a Rosanna? So if it is the same Joseph and he remarried
      there may be a chance that he and Cynthia George had 1 daughter
      named Samantha?? Samantha was 10 in 1870 and 18 in 1880. I believe
      Samantha is Cynthia and Joseph's child because there are other
      children in the house and they have Ky for the place where there
      mother was born and Samantha has Indiana. So it looks like this is
      the right Joseph. I will see what else i can find......KIM

      1860 United States Federal Census
      about Joseph Shepler
      Name: Joseph Shepler
      Age in 1860: 23
      Birth Year: abt 1837
      Birthplace: Indiana
      Home in 1860: Pilot, Vermillion, Illinois
      Gender: Male
      Post Office: Pilot
      Value of real estate: View image
      Household Members: Name Age
      Joseph Shepler 23
      Smitha Shepler 19

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Carol Dimer
      <thedimers@...> wrote:

      > I checked the Illinois marriage index and found a Cynthia E.
      George married Joseph M. Shepler on 11/24/1859 in Vermillion
      county. I tried the census records briefly and could only find a
      Joseph Shepler married to someone else in later years.