10570Re: Hi Everyone...

  • Margie
    Aug 3, 2007
      Thank you Kim, I appreciate this information. I wish there was a
      death record that would name Cynthia's parents but I have been told it
      is not available. I don't have a clue on how to connect these or
      disprove a connection.

      Thank you for the information and help.

      Margie

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "kim_donley"
      <kim_donley@...> wrote:

      > I did find 2 George surnames in Vermillion Co. Ill. in 1860 neither
      > one has a Cynthia. 1 is a family and one is possibly a boarder.
      >
      > Name: T B George
      > Age in 1860: 32
      > Birth Year: abt 1828
      > Birthplace: Ohio
      > Home in 1860: Carroll, Vermillion, Illinois
      > Gender: Male
      > Post Office: Danville
      > Value of real estate: View image
      > Household Members: Name Age
      > T B George 32
      > Nancy George 32
      > David J George 6
      > Benj F George 4
      > J W George 3
      > J W George 1
      > Sarah Pepace 22
      > William Heter 19
      >
      > AND THEN
      >
      > Name: Jabes George
      > Age in 1860: 23
      > Birth Year: abt 1837
      > Birthplace: Indiana
      > Home in 1860: Ross, Vermillion, Illinois
      > Gender: Male
      > Post Office: Danville
      > Value of real estate: View image
      > Household Members: Name Age
      > Barnabas Preble 30
      > Josephine Preble 27
      > Ella Preble 5
      > Elwood Preble 1
      > Jabes George 23
      >

      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Margie"
      > <marwal43@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am Margie. I began doing my genealogy in 1975 when everything
      > was
      > > done by snail mail. After a few years I put it away until 1998
      > when I
      > > got my first computer. I was amazed at the resources on the
      > internet
      > > and quickly moved forward on all the lines I was researching.
      > Then my
      > > computer died and I again put it away for a few years. I have
      > > recently begun again. I am disabled so it has been difficult to do
      > > library research and because of a fixed low income I cannot afford
      > > Ancestry. I have been helped tremendously by other researchers and
      > > have met many relatives. I began copying all that I had and
      > sending
      > > it out to, at least one relative in all my lines so that my
      > > information would not be lost and hoping they would share it will
      > all
      > > who had any interest.
      > >
      > > Some of the lines I am researching are:
      > > Walter from West Cocalico Twp. Lancaster Co. PA
      > > Shepler from Rostraver Twp. Westmoreland Co. PA
      > > Hanley/Handley from VA>Fountain Co. IN 1830
      > > Jenkins from Preston Co. VA>Warren Co. OH>Fountain Co. IN
      > > Oostdyk and Wichers and Ulberg from the Netherlands>MI
      > >
      > > One of my brick walls is Cynthia Elizabeth George who was born in
      > IN
      > > in 1841 and married 1859 in Vermilion Co. IL and died 1861-1867 in
      > > Vermilion Co. IL. I cannot find any George Family in 1860 in
> [...]
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic