10565Re: Hi Everyone...

  • kim_donley
    Aug 3, 2007
      Cynthia's Maiden name was George? Could u give us some other family
      member names? Her father, Mother and siblings? Sometimes the names
      are so misspelled that its almost impossible to find the family on
      the census. But i have found doing a search on just the first name
      in a certain State and county will sometimes find the family. So if
      u can give me more info i will search some more....Thanks KIM

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Margie"
      <marwal43@...> wrote:

      > I am Margie. I began doing my genealogy in 1975 when everything
      was
      > done by snail mail. After a few years I put it away until 1998
      when I
      > got my first computer. I was amazed at the resources on the
      internet
      > and quickly moved forward on all the lines I was researching.
      Then my
      > computer died and I again put it away for a few years. I have
      > recently begun again. I am disabled so it has been difficult to do
      > library research and because of a fixed low income I cannot afford
      > Ancestry. I have been helped tremendously by other researchers and
      > have met many relatives. I began copying all that I had and
      sending
      > it out to, at least one relative in all my lines so that my
      > information would not be lost and hoping they would share it will
      all
      > who had any interest.
      >
      > Some of the lines I am researching are:
      > Walter from West Cocalico Twp. Lancaster Co. PA
      > Shepler from Rostraver Twp. Westmoreland Co. PA
      > Hanley/Handley from VA>Fountain Co. IN 1830
      > Jenkins from Preston Co. VA>Warren Co. OH>Fountain Co. IN
      > Oostdyk and Wichers and Ulberg from the Netherlands>MI
      >
      > One of my brick walls is Cynthia Elizabeth George who was born in
      IN
      > in 1841 and married 1859 in Vermilion Co. IL and died 1861-1867 in
      > Vermilion Co. IL. I cannot find any George Family in 1860 in
      > Vermilion Co. IL and I cannot find her in the 1850 Census' of IN.
      > surmise the family George would be located in Fayette Co. IN in
      1850.

      > Another is to identify which Hanley/Handley line my William Hanley
      of
      > the 1830 Census Fountain Co. IN is from.
      >
      > Thank you for allowing me to join the group.
      >
      > Margie

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic