10366Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Digest Number 237

  • Georgette Teekel
    Apr 1, 2007
      You sure have done your research,i've got zilch compared to you,lol

      Margie <marge_ecklund@...> wrote: --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Mary Grether
      <Mary_Grether@...> wrote:

      > Hey everuyone, been awhile since I have corresponded with the list.
      Been in a car accidenbt and just getting back into the swing of
      things.
      > my list of surnames are as followe;
      > allen,
      Baker,Brooks,Cook,Carr,Carnahan,Denty,French,Finch,Flowers,Gilbert,Gre
      ther,
      > Howard,Harold,Jones,Kennedy,Mcelveen,Matthis,
      > Parrish,Page,Oliver,Orchard,Sanderford,Turley,Trott Warner,Way,Young
      >
      > some of these migrated from va and went wesrt, the Mcelveen clan,
      as far as I know came from scotland, and migrated from NY to SC.
      > The way family may have come from NJ went to Guilford county NC and
      eventually to Indiana
      > The Grether name came from Germany and came to Tennessee, has step
      family of FRY or FRYE.
      > what is interesting, thre Gilbert family may have been Ouakers, the
      way family also.
      > the warner family I always thought they came from Germany to
      america, but my findings are very different, anyway my line. I also
      have looked at at least 7 warner lines ! outstanding! anyway any
      help on thense names will be greatly appreciated. Mary

      > My Great Grandfather, Isaac LeRoy Jordan, b. 30 Jan 1860 was
      married to Louisa Jones, b 10Aug 1858, marr. 4 Dec 1879. Her fathers
      name was James Allen Jones b 5 Dec 1817, and his father, John Burge
      Jones, b. 8 Jan 1804. I have more if this is the line you need.

      marge