10019Re: New to groups

  • taylorvences@aol.com
    Jan 10, 2007
      Lynn:
      My husband is from Mexico (with British ancestry-Vences). I am 1/2 Colombian
      (Ospina and Henao) born and raised in St Louis, (the rest of my ancestry is
      Appalachian: Hounshell,Taylor,Scott & Martin), so hubby helped me with this.
      Del Refugio is not a last name; it is part of her first name. Refugio is a
      saints name. So she is Maria of Saint Refugio. Refugio means refuge or
      sanctuary in Spanish. It is very common in Mexico to use Maria with a saint or other
      religious name such as Maria Del Carmen or Maria Guadalupe.

      Lisa Taylor-Vences
      St Louis