10010Re: New to groups

  • Lynn
    Jan 9, 2007
      Hi Amy,

      I too am fairly new to this, but you mentioned that you were looking
      for information on the Highley's in the Kansas area. Although, not
      directly related. One of the people in my husband's tree married as
      a second wife Harriet Ellis Hazelwood (b c 1840 in Kentucky died 24
      April 1914 Neodesha, Wilson, Kansas)whose first husband was a
      Highley (I think it was Osmond W (no proof)- Census data shows he
      was born in England). Harriet's second husband was Stacy Penn (23
      Nov 1823 - 6 Mar 1894) who is in my husband's line if you want more
      information on Stacy, please contact me. Harriet had 3 Highley
      Children.

      1. George Highley (b 1862 in IL) m Sarah ? b. 1872 in IN
      2. Zerah Alva Highley (Male) (b. 1864 in Iowa)
      3. Martha Highley B 1865 in IL m. ? Wilson

      I haven't found any record of Stacy and Harriet's marriage and
      Stacy's first wife was still alive. It's interesting that census
      data shows that after Stacy's death, Harriet is referred to as
      Harriet Highley again.

      Hope this helps and if you have more information, I'd be interested
      in seeing it.

      I also have an open question concerning Spanish last names in the
      1800's. Does anyone know if Del Refugio has any meaning (I think I
      heard that it means the person is an orphan, but I don't understand
      the hispanic/spanish last name meanings)?

      Thanks,

      Lynn
      Diligently searching for Charles Victor Maris b 1886 in Chicago,
      Cook Co, IL and his parents. His death certificate says his
      mother's maiden name is PLEE.
      &
      Maria Del Refugio Martinez (b 02 1841 in Pitiquito, Sonora, Mexico,
      d 23 June 1935 in Los Angeles Co, CA) and her parents.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic