Re: [genchatfriends] (unknown)

  • ddisaac
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 6, 2009
      Annie: Oh what a family we were!  The one born after my Dad was called "The Scraper" ~ you couldn't get anything past her, watch out if you insulted her big brother (until the day she died), and didn't need anybody to stick up for her.  I really miss her!  LOL!!

      From: Joseph <ragweed@e-pops. org>
      To: genealogychatfriend s@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, June 5, 2009, 3:46 AM

      Good morning Patty, or Patricia <grin>,
      I took the 'PoPs' name as a term of endearment. It implied that I'm an
      old man, even though I was about 45 at the time. My Mum taught me
      something one time, about old men. She and I were having one of our
      coffee chats, and speaking of her Dad, she said, "The Old Man." I
      called her on it, since I knew how young people used the term. She said
      that ancient civilizations, especially the Hebrews, always considered
      the oldest man of the family as the leader, the one who was greatly
      respected because of he ran several generations of family.

      I then saw the respect and honor that came with that term. Just never
      heard her use it. <grin>

      So yes, it was a term of endearment, and I used it for a while in
      Ministry in which PoPs was used as an anagram(?) meaning "Pressing On to
      the Promise of the Son"

      So all went very well.

      Joseph

      --

      Joseph Snurr
      Cotter, AR.

      "Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas

      Our trip to the Memphis Zoo: http://e-pops. org/memphiszoo/
      A Twit who Tweets on Twitter: http://twitter. com/jlsner/
      Angels Encamped About Me, Two: http://e-pops. org/aeamt/

    • annystokes
      Message 38 of 38 , Jun 22, 2009
        It IS an adrenaline rush. I kind of feel the clock ticking in my head. If I wait too long, trails might become cold or lost forever.