Hello from Washington State

  • dvsdanette
    Message 1 of 11 , May 16, 2009
      Hello. My name is Danette. I newly joined this group. I just wanted to say hello, let people know that I am willing to help out for ancestry lookup in any of my family surnames, and to announce that I am compiling many family photos. If you have any questions or interest in my family and any of its surnames, please dont hesitate to ask. Surnames in my family are as follows:

      Glenn / Brown

      Vanderhoof / Goddard

      Celmer (Cekmer) / Coulter / Couton

      Zatkovich (Zatkovic) / Surarra

      All of my family lines coincidentally wound up migrating to America roughly around the same time. Countries or origin include the following:

      Germany...Ireland...Austria...Scotland...Switzerland...Norway...England
      ...Croatia...and some more.

      These are the major family names and origins in my family.

      In the USA, we have had residence in the following states:

      Washington...Michigan...Illinois...Utah...Nebraska...New York...Florida...Canada...Kentucky...and more.

      I have a family tree under the ID of theelectladyoflight on ancestry.com. Multiple pictures, stories, events, and more.

      I also have multiple family trees on myancestry.com under the ID of theelectladyoflight.

      I love to help. I also enjoy receiving it. If anyone has ties to any of my families, please dont hesitate to let me know these ties as well. I would love to see our relations and help you to know more about my branches of the tree.

      Thank you for welcoming me to the group. I hope I can be of help to someone. And I know that I will receive help and suggestions if I need it. You guys seem so full of love and passion for genealogy. I just love it!

      Danette.
    • annystokes
      Message 2 of 11 , May 16, 2009
        Danette,

        You sound pretty passionate yourself! There are some generous, helpful souls on this list.

        Welcome. I keep up with the posts though I don't post often myself. So far, most of the surnames aren't in common with the ones I've researched.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 16, 2009
          Hello Danette and thank you for the invitation to view your trees and the offer of help.
          None of your names connect with mine, although some of the countries do ~ maybe our ancestors knew each other before coming to America!  LOL!
          I recently met up with a distant cousin in Germany and we keep in touch via email.  It's fun to learn you've got family all over the world and they contact you!

               Hugs,
                 Patty

          Message 4 of 11 , May 17, 2009
            Welcome Danette!!   My name is Ron Gadzalinski and I'm in Tampa, FL after living in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin all my life (up to Dec. 2006).   I've been a genealogy lover since 9th grade (I'm 50 now).

            My ancestors came from Poland, Germany, England and Prussia.   Most of my dead ends are with my father's side of the family who came from Poland.

            In the USA, family lived in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Oregon & California.

            The main family surnames are: Gadzalinski, Witkowski, Cooper, Daubner, Kamrath, Woodcock, Stanhope.

            Of course, I also have genealogical records of my ex-wife (my children's ancestors) who were 100% Sicilian (LaCorte, Sciacca, Colombo, Catalano) who lived in New York City and Long Island.

            I have all my genealogical records in a 1999 written book form, on Family Tree Maker (great for updates) and on Ancestry.com.

            -Ron

            Message 5 of 11 , May 18, 2009
              Ron,

              What's the "book form" ?

              Message 6 of 11 , May 19, 2009
                Anny,

                By "book form" I mean that I actually wrote out my family history and used a numbering system for every individual in the family tree.   It was a labor of love that took about 9 months to complete (it was my "baby.").    I have it in a thick black binder with clear page protectors for each typewritten page.  I also have family photos in this heirloom genealogy to pass on to my children & future grandchildren.  But family trees change all the time (births, marriages, deaths) and often require corrections.   Nothing beats having a family tree online for additions and corrections that you can't do with the written form without appendums.   Already, the written genealogy has outdated information so I put a note to my ancestors that updated info can be found on FamilyTree Maker and at Ancestry.com.

                -Ron

                Message 7 of 11 , May 19, 2009
                  That was a real work of love.

                  Thanks,

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 19, 2009
                    Im working on something similar ...I was adopted, and I have a son that was put up for adoption ...in 1990 I was reunited with my biological parents and just last week i got a good location on my son..Im starting the contact process right now ....I am reaseaching both my biological and Adopted families + the families of my son's birthmother ..(Basically anyone connected in any way shape or form ...My plan is to log it all down and put it into the form of a big published hard back book , Pictures, documents, stories...etc ..in a big tabel-top sized book ....Im probably going to print maybe 20 of them or so and call it Volume 1 1700-2010...so far on my trees (Actually an Orchard) I have logged over 360 people ...and thats not including all the merriges and their kids (Yet) ..:-)

                    Its all about music, I call myself Top Quark.
                    Music Page:
                    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=232115&content=music

                    Personal Profile Page:
                    http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=topquark

                    Interesting stuff: Defenestration, Trepanation (Just imagine, a trepanic drill!!...lol), Synesthesia

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 19, 2009
                      Indeed!  You inspire me.  I'm currently organizing my hardcopies of census records/marriage certificates, etc. by person in notebooks.  It's a lot of work.  I commend you!  What an amazing gift to give your decendents.

                      ~april

                      "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 19, 2009
                        What a wonderful gift to your children.  You're right, our ancestry does change quite often, but all that can be added later or kept on the computer like you explained.  I must admit you have patience and creativity.  Congratulations!

                        Hugs,
                        Patty

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 20, 2009
                          I really appreciate your kind words.   I am very proud of my family and how far I have gone with ancestors on my mother's side (late 1500's).   I had help from my mother's cousin before he passed away but gaining more names & dates are always exciting.   Computers and Ancestry.com helped tremendously also but there is something special with actually having a detailed written genealogy to have and pass on.

                          -Ron