Church of Latter Day Saints

  • tro_glin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009
      this organization has a huge repository of names, the majority of
      which have been volunteered by individuals like you and me and
      as such subject to errors.
      The Church has a huge library in Salt Lake City where anyone can
      research the materials there. In addition, they have what are called
      Family History Centers in most major cities. All the research
      material they have on site is free to research on your own. They do not
      have people to look for you, the majority of their staffs are all
      volunteer. The web site, www.familysearch.org is available to check
      your names, which may or may not be there.
      Also, if you google the name, it will probably link you to www.rootsweb.com where they also have a tremendous list of people.